Business Support Through Furness Enterprise
Click here to access the Furness Enterprise website www.furnessenterprise.co.uk - Furness Enterprise is the "First Choice for Business Support" (Hill Taylor, Furness Business Support Survey, 2009). Visit the website for details of free advice, discretionary grants and other business support available to expanding local firms or companies wanting to relocate to Furness.
These are exciting times for you to consider either setting up home or a business within Furness.
There are opprtunities for companies and enterpreneurs to invest here, for young people planning their future university or apprentice routes to use University of Cumbria and Furness College to develop their careers and for families to locate here because partners will also be able to find jobs in growing service businesses and a wide range of manufacturing or public sector organisations.
Very few areas of Britain have such a potential assured economic future derived from investment in long-term growth projects based on maufacturing. Furness now has for example:
- The Glaxosmithkline biopharmaceutical manufacturing investment worth an estimated 350m pounds sterlingwhich will have a life of 50 years and a demand for 300-500 skilled people supporte by a sophisticated Uk and globaL supply chain ;
- Bae Systems "7+4" potential of a fleet of nuclear powered submarines generating 1000plus jobs including a sizeable influx from USA and creating significant supply chain opportunities centred on Barrow and involving close cooperation with USA on delivering a common missile compartment for ther next submarine fleet carrying UK's strategic deterrent;
- Expansion of global oil andf gas companies such as Gyrodata and Expro servicing subsea engineering needs worldwide;
- East Irish Sea offshore oil and gas resoucrce exploitation starting with the Rhyl Gasfield
- East Irish Sea offshore windfarm developments, including the presence, in the port of Barrow of four long term operations and maintenance bases for the next 25 years, the fourth having just received planning consent will create around 83 jobs.
These core opportunities have potential to result in increased demand for local services, accomodation , homes leisure, educational and healthcare services.
There could also be substantial investment opportunities supply chain opprtunities for local firms and for attracting new firms into Furness.
They could result in extra demand for service sector including entry level and semi skilled jobs for local people.
We anticipate that these projects will also attract investors and developers to consider investing in Furness on a speculative basis to build homes, offices and factories.Furness Enterprise 01229 820611 is their first point of contact for bespoke briefings on where such opportunities may lay.
Furness is an Assisted Area
If you click onto the banner below you can easily find out about some of the discretionary financial assistance on offer that is open to companies of all sizes for job creation, capital investment and development of innovative new products.
We will also help you find the right building for your business.